Whimsical hand painted cat shaped clock with quiet pendulum movement. Oxidos clocks are made primarily from recycled metal scrap and each handcrafted piece is slightly different. The bar the cat rests on is very rustic.
The clock measures about 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" with a lazy back paw creating the pendulum. It is battery operated (battery not included) and arrives in a gift box. What a unique gift for a cat lover!
Oxidos practices the principal of Fair Trade. The name Oxidos comes from the process of oxidation used to create the rusted patina on the metal prior to painting.
The following instructions are included with each clock:
- Install a new battery in the quartz movement to activate.
- Turn the knob on the back of the movement, to move the hands to the correct time.
- Never set the clock by moving the Hour Hand on its own. This will damage the mechanism and invalidate the guarantee.
- For wall clock, hang it from the hanger making sure the mechanism itself is vertical so that the pendulum can swing evenly on either side of the hump on the bottom of the mechanism, taking into account that some models are asymmetrical and may need to be slightly tilted to one side or the other to achieve the proper balance. Make sure you use a strong, firmly fixed screw or nail. Tilt it slightly upward to hold the clock tight into the wall.
- The battery should be changed after approximately one year. If the pendulum stops, this is your notice to replace the battery for a new one.
- If a clock hand looses, push it firmly back down the white shaft.
Every care has been taken to manufacture the clock so that it will give you years of enjoyment and satisfaction.